Pages

Bubbles and Dawgs


If there is one thing I love more than hotdogs, it's posh hotdogs and that's exactly what you get at Bubbledogs. Bubbledogs is the champagne bar with only one food stuff on the menu, the not-so-humble hotdog.

Everyone and their dog (pun ruefully intended) is talking about Bubbledogs, and with good reason - the food is bloody delicious and the drink isn't bad either.

We turned up at 3.15pm on Saturday and was greeted with a queue of about six people. A very friendly waiter came out (I think his name was Luke) and told us that they actually close at 3.30pm for a couple of hours so there was a possibility we might not get a table. We prayed to the hotdog gods that everyone would clear out and luckily our prayers were answered and we managed to get a really nice table tucked away in the corner.



The atmosphere in Bubbledogs is really lovely, the staff are friendly and chatty but not intrusive and the whole place just feels really relaxed. The decor is modern but cosy and they have some pretty impressive lights.

On to the drink, there is a HUGE champagne menu, and you can share a bottle (like we did) or just order by the glass. They also have some pretty tasty yet classic cocktails on offer. I'm not a massive champagne drinker (I usually think it tastes like a flannel) so I was happy to let my fellow diners choose the bubbles and I just sipped along happily.

I was more preoccupied with the hotdog menu.


There are 14 hotdogs on the menu and they all sound so delicious I would have had one of each if I could have stomached it. I eventually plumped for the New Yorker, (and was delighted at the opportunity to practice my New York accent 'New Yoiker dawg purlease') a pork hotdog with grilled sauerkraut and onions. I'd never had sauerkraut before and I was a little wary but I loved it, it was so tasty and kind of reminded me of dry coleslaw - not a bad thing in my book.



Ro also got a New Yorker (minus the sauerkraut - she's not as much of a food pioneer as I am), and The Greek and The Italian both got The Caesar! (The Greek and The Italian were our dining partners, not food items).

We also got two lots of coleslaw and two lots of sweet potato fries. I'm a big fan of sweet potato and eat it at least twice a week and like to think of myself as something of a sweet potato connoisseur, but I was still mightily impressed with the fries, cooked to perfection; my compliments to the chef.



We all agreed that the food was amazing and we would all definitely return. I even enjoyed the champagne, which says a lot for me, I usually pour it in the nearest plant pot at weddings.

My only advice would be to turn up at early lunch or early dinner time as they get VERY busy at peak times, so you can expect a bit of a queue. Although, they do say good things come to those who wait and Bubbledogs is all good.

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I did! Already planning my next visit ha x

      Delete
  2. Great post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      i'm following you on Bloglovin - your Candy post has made me hungry!

      Delete